Disputing fraudulent charges on your TruMark Financial debit or credit card
If you have a debit or credit card transaction that is a merchant error or product/service problem contact the merchant directly
Review transaction details on your account such as the merchant’s name, phone number, and past activity with the merchant to determine if the transaction was a merchant error or fraudulent activity.
Merchant transaction errors are transactions you recognize, but appear to be incorrect, such as:
- A recurring transaction or trial subscription you canceled
- A product or service you never received or received late
- A one-time purchase you returned or canceled, and still haven’t received a credit
- A charge higher than the amount on your receipt
- A product or service you received but are dissatisfied with
- Your card was charged even though you used cash or a different card
- The same card was charged more than once for the same transaction
Merchants can resolve transactions errors
Merchants can typically resolve transaction errors fairly quickly where the credit union may not be able to. Before contacting the credit union you must contact the merchant directly. As a reminder, keep track of the date you contacted the merchant and any additional information they provide.
If you contacted the merchant and the issue still isn’t resolved TruMark Financial can attempt to assist
Please allow the merchant at least 30 days to resolve the issue. If you don’t receive a response from the merchant, please complete a dispute form by calling 1-877-TRUMARK or visiting your local branch.
If you have a debit or credit card transaction that is fraudulent
A fraudulent charge is a transaction that wasn’t made by you or anyone authorized to use your account. Confirm the following:
- This charge wasn’t made by another authorized user on your account
- You haven’t let anyone else use your card
- You have reviewed the transaction detail (keeping in mind some merchants use a different name or address for billing purposes) and still don’t recognize it
With Visa’s Zero Liability Policy you won’t be held responsible for unauthorized (fraudulent) charges made with your account or account information. You’re protected if your Visa credit or debit card is lost, stolen or fraudulently used, online or offline. If your card is lost or stolen, or you think someone used your account without permission, complete a dispute form by calling 1-877-TRUMARK or visiting your local branch.