TruMark Financial’s First Credit Loan
A good credit score is the first step toward financial empowerment. It’s one of the deciding factors when you’re planning on buying your first house or car. If you’ve never had credit before, TruMark Financial’s First Credit Loan can help you build your credit score while establishing a strong payment history.
Here’s how it works:
- Apply online or in your local branch
- Once approved, the total loan amount will be placed in a TruMark Financial restricted share account where the funds will be earning dividends over the term of your loan1
- You’ll make monthly principal and interest payments according to your repayment schedule (various terms are available²). Your payments will be reported to the credit bureaus to establish a credit history and score.
- At the end of the loan term, the total loan amount will be available to you
Why it’s right:
Today, the most widespread options for building credit are:
- Credit cards and loans with double digit interest rates
- Securing a loan with an up-front investment or collateral
- Leveraging a co-borrower
With TruMark Financial’s First Credit Loan, the credit union is placing the collateral in a restricted account, and is providing low rate repayment terms for manageable monthly payments. So you can build credit while you grow your savings, fostering financial habits that will pave the way for your future.
Watch your credit score as it grows
Log in to TruMark Financial’s mobile app or online banking for free, easy access to your credit score, credit report, credit monitoring, and more.
1Funds will be placed in a TruMark Financial restricted share account to serve as collateral for the loan. The restricted share account’s Annual Percentage Yield may vary and is subject to change.
2 All loans are subject to approval. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older, employed for 12 months with a debt-to-income ratio of no more than 45%, and must have a 0 credit score. Account subject to membership approval.