Apr. 10, 2023
While scams are constantly evolving as new technology emerges, there are steps you can take to better protect yourself against becoming a victim.
- Remember, financial institutions will NEVER ask for personal information via an email, text, or phone call that you did not initiate
- Always review emails from companies to make sure that they are legitimate. As a precaution, visit the website directly instead of clicking on any links
- Make it a habit to avoid clicking on suspicious emails or texts from anyone you do not know
- Ensure you have virus and malware protection on all your devices – not just your computers. Most virus software now includes options to protect your smartphones and tablets
- When donating to a charity, research it first. Then, when giving, it’s best to use a channel that leaves a paper trail, such as check, debit card, or credit card
Your security remains our top priority. We’re here to help!
Visit trumarkonline.org/fraudawareness to learn more about current scams