The Kiss-A-Pig Financial Literacy Fundraiser is a component of TruMark Financial's initiative, Building Financial Futures. The fundraiser brings together educators, community and business leaders, and credit union employees to raise money for the privilege of kissing a pig.
To date, TruMark Financial has donated more than $220,000 to area schools in need of personal finance resources. Local schools used the grants to purchase resources such as calculators, computer software, and textbooks to help teach the value of saving and the importance of managing money responsibly.
This year the fundraiser was held at the Abington Art Center, 515 Meetinghouse Road, Jenkintown, on Wednesday, Sept. 28, and raised close to $50,000. Participants’ family, friends, and colleagues gathered to cheer them on as they pucker up to a pot-bellied pig named Raines.
TruMark Financial created a financial literacy program to educate students on personal finance topics such as saving, borrowing, and investing. Financial literacy includes understanding how a checking account works, what using a credit card really means, and how to avoid debt. Without proper education, students may be left behind and become another statistic plagued with debt.
Participating schools that will receive a grant include:
- Baldi Middle School
- Bensalem High School
- E. T. Richardson Middle School
- Forrest Elementary School
- George Washington High School
- Horatio Hackett Elementary School
- Jackson Elementary School
- Maritime Charter School
- Northeast High School
- Our Lady of Calvary School
- Philadelphia Academy Charter School
- St. Jerome School
- Stephen Decatur Elementary School
- Webster Elementary School
- William Tennent High School
If you or your school would like to get involved in the Kiss-A-Pig Financial Literacy Fundraiser, contact Randi Marmer at email@example.com.
To make a donation to the Kiss-A-Pig Financial Literacy Fundraiser online, click here and simply follow these instructions:
- Select Building Financial Futures under “Select Fund & Gift Amount” Scroll down to the “Secure Credit Card” box and type in your credit card information
- In the” Recognition Information” section, check how you would like your name listed
- Scroll down to “Confirm Total Gift Amount.” Confirm the amount and click submit
The Philadelphia Foundation will process the donation and send you an acknowledgement for tax purposes.
Please note: No animals are harmed in preparation of or during this event.